The Institute for Strategic Leadership would like to congratulate Simon Turner, a recent graduate of the Strategic Leadership Programme (SLP 39) , on his step up to position of Chief Executive of the Warehouse. We are certain he will excel at this role and be a great role model.
The Institute for Strategic Leadership would like to congratulate Mark Powell, a graduate of the Strategic Leadership Programme (SLP 9) , on his step up to position of Group Chief Executive of The Warehouse Group (including The Warehouse, The Warehouse Stationery and Noel Leeming). We are certain he will excel at this role and be a great role model.
Over the last year the ISL team has been developing a Leader's Dashboard that displays the following information for each registered user:
EXECUTIVE PROFILE - your gifts, blindspots, stressors, communication/influencing preferences, and 'what we notice about you when you are working in a team".
MOJO RATING - how well balanced are you? Is you work & homelife in sync? If its a a bit wobbly, you will get invited to complete the STRESS-O-METER
PERSONAL 063° - this is what most people would call a 360° rating tool - except we like to see it as an opportunity for you to see yourself in the mirror (your mirror, and those provided by your boss and colleagues).
TEAM 360° - this is a link to the Team Dynamic Profiler and shows how well your team is functioning. The TDP is now well established and being used by a number of large corporate clients in NZ and Australia.
The six Chief Executives on the CE CLASS provided this information about their experience on ISL's 2-day residential workshop at Millbrook.
• When you are in the hot seat it's very hard to justify more than a couple of days away from customers, staff and stakeholders. However it is incredible what can be packed into a couple of days of pure thinking when a group of like minded individuals are similarly stretched and challenged . It's been very energising for both the here and now issues, but more so for the long term benefit of my team, my business and myself.
• Clarify strategies and focus for resolving challenges through input from other CEs. Leave with a road map, and a refreshed outlook.
• Opportunity to reset -bring your biggest issue to the. Table and brainstorm with a bunch of other CEOs who have had similar issues but can provide an outside perception.
• Learning from other people, hearing the wisdom of so many successful people.
• The CE class provided the opportunity to share ideas and problems, and hear of others experiences. As CE's, each of our contexts may be different, but the underlying problems are often the same...and a fresh set of eyes on the problem is invaluable.
• A great opportunity to reflect and ignite.
Congratulations Mike Bush
Geoff Lorigan, Institute for Strategic Leadership Director, sent congratulations to Mike Bush, graduate of the Institute's Leadership Programme (LP 11, 2008) and Strategic Leadership Programme graduate (SLP 30, 2010) on his promotion to Commissioner of Police. Shortly after his attendance on the LP he stepped up to Regional Commander for Manukau City and after his attendance on the SLP, he was promoted to the Deputy Commissioner role – two big steps. And now he has made the ultimate step up to the Chief of NZ Police role. Commissioner Bush joins a number of other ISL graduates who have reached the top, including the Governor General of New Zealand, Deputy Prime Minister, Chief of Defence, Chiefs of Army, Navy and Air Force, and numerous commercial CEOs. These people inspire us all to keep learning and being the best we can be. "Good luck happens when hard work intersects with opportunity".