Geoff Lorigan, the Director of the Institute for Strategic Leadership, congratulates Karl Cummins, a recent graduate of the Leadership Programme (LP 30) , on his step up to a senior leadership position at the Department of Justice. Under his leadership, the courts will undergo a huge transformation. New family justice reforms come into force later this month, and the district courts are being modernised. A number of courthouses are also being earthquake-strengthened. We are certain he will excel at this role and be a great role model to the 2,000 people he will be responsible for.
The Institute for Strategic Leadership would like to congratulate Simon Turner, a recent graduate of the Strategic Leadership Programme (SLP 39) , on his step up to position of Chief Executive of the Warehouse. We are certain he will excel at this role and be a great role model.
The Institute for Strategic Leadership would like to congratulate Mark Powell, a graduate of the Strategic Leadership Programme (SLP 9) , on his step up to position of Group Chief Executive of The Warehouse Group (including The Warehouse, The Warehouse Stationery and Noel Leeming). We are certain he will excel at this role and be a great role model.
Over the last year the ISL team has been developing a Leader's Dashboard that displays the following information for each registered user:
EXECUTIVE PROFILE - your gifts, blindspots, stressors, communication/influencing preferences, and 'what we notice about you when you are working in a team".
MOJO RATING - how well balanced are you? Is you work & homelife in sync? If its a a bit wobbly, you will get invited to complete the STRESS-O-METER
PERSONAL 063° - this is what most people would call a 360° rating tool - except we like to see it as an opportunity for you to see yourself in the mirror (your mirror, and those provided by your boss and colleagues).
TEAM 360° - this is a link to the Team Dynamic Profiler and shows how well your team is functioning. The TDP is now well established and being used by a number of large corporate clients in NZ and Australia.
The six Chief Executives on the CE CLASS provided this information about their experience on ISL's 2-day residential workshop at Millbrook.
• When you are in the hot seat it's very hard to justify more than a couple of days away from customers, staff and stakeholders. However it is incredible what can be packed into a couple of days of pure thinking when a group of like minded individuals are similarly stretched and challenged . It's been very energising for both the here and now issues, but more so for the long term benefit of my team, my business and myself.
• Clarify strategies and focus for resolving challenges through input from other CEs. Leave with a road map, and a refreshed outlook.
• Opportunity to reset -bring your biggest issue to the. Table and brainstorm with a bunch of other CEOs who have had similar issues but can provide an outside perception.
• Learning from other people, hearing the wisdom of so many successful people.
• The CE class provided the opportunity to share ideas and problems, and hear of others experiences. As CE's, each of our contexts may be different, but the underlying problems are often the same...and a fresh set of eyes on the problem is invaluable.
• A great opportunity to reflect and ignite.